Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I was between the ages of 7-9 when it happened. He was a family friend/acquaintance. I am not the typical "victim" you see on the television. He took so much from me. But I went on. I went to college, law school, and even worked in the District Attorney's office preparing civil commitment petitions against sex offenders. Then...my world came crashing down on me.
My mom called from New Hampshire. She was reading the local paper and a girl from my hometown was in the news making allegations that she had been raped by a priest in New Hampshire. I can't tell you what it is like when you are told you have a life threatening disease. But I can tell you what it feels like when you hear something that threatens your life as you know it...and changes it all in an instant.
I shook....I threw up....I cried. My life changed. His remains the same. No...better for him. He runs a travel agency...Left the priesthood supposedly wanted to get married. Funny...no marriage. He has freedom. I don't. That is enough for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment